Monday, January 16, 2012

To Be in Gratitude

This past Thanksgiving, my granddaughter read a poem, To Be In Gratitude.  I have often thought of the words she read that day.  The meaning behind them, and how they relate to me, everyday life, and how I am in gratitude.  
"To be in gratitude is to thank the universe each and every day for the beautiful gift of life and every for it takes!" 
Every form it takes!    Wow what strength in that statement alone.  I believe "form" in life is a metamorphosis... as we all change year to year.  Part of my metamorphosis included a journey for me.  For that I am in gratitude.  I know some may not understand how I can be gratuitousness for multiple sclerosis, but I question how I can not.  "It" has formed me to be the better person I am today. 
"To be in gratitude, is to appreciate that somebody loves you (probably more than you even know)"
How true is that statement alone?  We too often think of how WE love others... STOP for a moment and be gracious for how others love you!


P.S.  So what have YOU done for YOU today?

1 comment:

  1. I AM IN GRATITUDE AND HAVE BEEN FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I BITCH AND MOAN BUT DOES NOT MEAN I AM NOT GRATEFUL. I WILL ALWAYS BE IN GRATITUDE FOR THE HEALTHY FAMILY WE HAVE. MAYBE GOD HAS KEPT BAD HEALTH IN IN US AND AWAY FROM OUR CHILDREN AND THAT MY LOVE, I WILL TAKE ANY DAY OF MY LIFE.

    ReplyDelete